Thursday, April 23, 2009

Valley's back

Hey!

So we finally got Valley back, yesterday! My dad and I went over to the people's house, and when we walked up the driveway, the woman's three year old little boy was sitting on a four wheeler bouncing up and down. He was soo cute! He had curly blond hair, and the bluest eyes I have ever seen. And when he saw the horse's, he said, "Hworswes! Hworswes! Cwome!" Translated: 'Horses! Horses! Come!".


When Valley saw us, she kind of walked away, but dad gave her an apple slice, and I quickly slipped on the halter and lead rope. The little boy started crying when we took Valley away. I was like, "Aww!!" I guess he didn't realize that Valley was my horse. The walk home was tough. Valley was pushing against me, walking really fast. Once she even half reared. Normally I would have pulled her around in circles, but we were right by a fairly busy road (luckily not many cars went by, but still) and so I couldn't.

She acted a lot better once I got behind the house, and in the pasture. The male Canada Goose (I can't decide on a name. The girl is Jessa, and I want a name for him that means protect. So far I got Jai [victorious] and Conrad [brave, bold ruler]. What do you think?) almost attacked her and it kind of freaked Valley out :P

When I put Valley back in the lower pasture, she galloped around, kicking up her heels occasionally, and neighed some. Here is a video of her:

And here's a few pictures I took yesterday while she was running around. I think she looks a LOT like an Arabian in these pictures:























Walkin up to my dad





















Looking at my dad















She looks so proud in this picture! Lol, more like a statue. A proud Valley statue :) When she dies, I'm going to get a statue that looks just like this picture, and put it in front of my house :P















Peace out home dogs! (from FRED)

-Sarah

P.S. I found out that actually the chestnut horse is the gelding and the bay is the mare!! I was totally confused.. but Valley seemed to really like the mare. Oh well, lol.


26 comments:

Misha said...

Eadmund (for a boy) means "Happy defender. An Old English name formed from a compound of ead, meaning rich or happy, and mund, meaning protection."
http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/M/English/meaning.asp?name=Eadmund

Those Valley pictures are really pretty! The video looks like she's a unicorn running through a magic forest! lol!

Sarah said...

Thanks Misha! I saw that on some websites, but I didn't really think much of it. But the more I think about it the more I like it :) I think I'll name him that! Eadmund and Jessa

Thanks! aw lol I'll tell her that :P

Anni Jones Photography said...

Hey Sarah!
I tried to find your "my pictures blog" to see how the photography was going and couldn't find it?
Seeing these makes me want a horse again....great pictures!!
:) blessings, Anni

Mellimaus said...

WOW you have such a pretty property! She looks so great running in that video, she's so fast!!! It looks beautiful where you are; you have so much green already! We're just starting to get leaves on the trees :-P.

Anika said...

I agree with melissa on like her whole comment, lots of green, and shes so fast! :] also, she is so cute! haha ...did you look at those 3 horses yet? how was it?!

Sarah said...

@mellimaus: Thanks! Yeah I was so excited to see green again!!

@Anika: Oh! I should post about that cuz I forgot about it.. lol. No, I did not see them because the owner decided that he wants to give ALL three horses to the same people and we can't take THREE horses! So I still have no companion for Valley :(

Anonymous said...

ambien for sale online ambien side effects night sweats - what is ambien classified as

Anonymous said...

cheap generic xanax much 1mg xanax cost - generic xanax vs brand name xanax

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg valium pill wikipedia - valium side effects ringing ears

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg diazepam 10mg high - diazepam 10 mg erowid

Anonymous said...

buy valium overnight delivery buy valium asia - valium 5mg compared to xanax

Anonymous said...

buy xanax xanax side effects depression - where to buy xanax bars online

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online generic ativan manufacturers - feel high ativan

Anonymous said...

order ativan online can overdose ativan lethal - illegal buy ativan online

Anonymous said...

xanax buy buy xanax amsterdam - overdose on xanax and ambien

Anonymous said...

xanax pills xanax 2mg first time - xanax 832

Anonymous said...

xanax online effects of xanax and alcohol - order xanax online no prescription canada

Anonymous said...

lorazepam without prescription cheap lorazepam no prescription - ativan 1 mg vs xanax

Anonymous said...

buy generic xanax xanax generic brand name - xanax generic 031

Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam online ativan no prescription online pharmacy - buy ativan no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan side effects children - ativan dosage weight

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online ambien to get high - ambien cr is it addictive

Anonymous said...

cheap diazepam side effects too much valium - valium use in dogs

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online cheap ambien online no prescription - ambience mall gurgaon area

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma online prescription - soma drug family

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien cr sales 2009 - ambien tested drug test

A canter is a cure for every evil.
~Benjamin Disraeli

Valley Likes:

  • Apples
  • Attention
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Company
  • Grain
  • Grass
  • Having her ears scratched
  • Hay
  • Swimming across the lake to visit her horsey neighbors
  • Wide open space to run and buck :)
No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

Valley Dislikes:

  • being locked in the back pasture
  • being away from my other horse, Mississippi
  • being ridden
  • Having to stand still
  • anything I want her to do
  • being ridden in a direction that is not towards the neighbors horses or the barn
  • The 'Jolly Ball' I bought her. Lol
  • Being tied up without food to eat
  • Having her hoofs picked (although, she cooperates)
  • lunging
  • Taking worm medicene
In riding a horse we borrow freedom.
~Helen Thomson

Things That Valley Does...

  • bites sometimes..
  • bucks
  • swims through lake to get out of pasture to visit horsey neighbors
  • chase my dog
  • anythin to be stubborn. She likes being stubborn.
  • Gallop and buck when I put her back in the pasture after she's been out for a while
  • Licks my hands
  • Tries to eat grass while I'm leading her
I bless the hoss from hoof to head -From head to hoof, and tale to mane! -I bless the hoss, as I have said,From head to hoof, and back again!
~James Whitcomb Riley


A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. ~Beryl Markham

The horses paw and prance and neigh,Fillies and colts like kittens play,And dance and toss their rippled manesShining and soft as silken skeins;...~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Names I Call Valley (in order of what I call her most)

  • Valley
  • Vales
  • Silly Goose

Our first day!!

Our first day!!
Adam, Valley, Me